My Ex Was A Cheapskate

When you care about someone and they’re cheap with you financially and emotionally, it'll do nothing but bring down your self-worth and self-esteem. We learned valuable lessons about equality in relationships and what NOT to put up with. Thanks to all the cheap pricks who made this site possible. We may not have gotten a lot from you, but what we did get is a good laugh. At your expense! Send your story to excheapskate@yahoo.com

Tuesday, April 26, 2005

Jukebox Of Sadness

This is the story I am most bitter about. When good old CHAD and I broke up, there were some money issues. He’d given me $800 (out of the total $4200 I’d paid) towards the down payment of the house we both lived in. He paid $400/month to live in the house (the mortgage was $1200), but not for any improvements or extra shit that needed to be done…after all it was my house, right? Now I might have been cool with this if he had ever lifted a finger to clean, cook, grocery shop, mow the lawn, weed or do laundry. In fact, at the end of our relationship I was so angry I separated out laundry and only did mine. He also only paid for food he thought he should pay for (i.e. the cheaper stuff) . Moving along, one of the first things he mentioned *while* we were in the midst of breaking up was whether or not he would get his $800 back. I just wanted him OUT OUT OUT of the house. He wanted to take our beautiful jukebox with him that we had both paid for, reasoning that this made us “even”. With a “Whatever”, I let it go and honestly, it pains me to this day that I did not stand up for myself. I loved the jukebox. I was the one who researched and bid on it on ebay and dealt with the shipping (a huge hassle). I chose it because my parents had the same exact model and so I had a sentimental attachment. Dumb, dumb, dumb! I wish I could take that fateful decision back. But I was cowed into thinking, “Hey, maybe I should give him his money back.” That’s how twisted my thinking had become! To the ladies and the mens – don’t let this happen to you. Now, I have a bunch of seven inch records with no place to live. It’s sad.

3 Comments:

  • At 7:44 AM, Anonymous Laundry Money said…

    You know he invites people over to play it so he can keep their quarters.

     
  • At 9:26 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Honestly, the jukebox was cool, but it still can only temporarily blind someone into thinking that CHAD is anything better than a slug crawling over shit.

     
  • At 2:08 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Very nice site! film editing classes

     

Post a Comment

<< Home