My Ex Was A Cheapskate

When you care about someone and they’re cheap with you financially and emotionally, it'll do nothing but bring down your self-worth and self-esteem. We learned valuable lessons about equality in relationships and what NOT to put up with. Thanks to all the cheap pricks who made this site possible. We may not have gotten a lot from you, but what we did get is a good laugh. At your expense! Send your story to excheapskate@yahoo.com

Tuesday, April 26, 2005

Powerbar Struggle

Anyone who knows me knows I love to cook and I especially enjoy sharing my cooking with others. There's something very satisfying about feeding friends, lovers and family. But hey, not everyone likes to cook and that's fine. You can still be generous with your prepackaged or microwavable foodstuffs, right?

I used to cook about once or twice a week for my ex-boyfriend and myself because it was something I liked to do when we were planning on spending the night in. He was always appreciative, but never offered to help pay for the groceries. I was always annoyed by this, but I convinced myself that it wasn't right for me to expect him to offer to help pay for the groceries since I was the one offering to cook (MISTAKE). But then he wouldn't even necessarily offer to pay for my meal the next time we ate out. Here and there, but not as a general rule. I paid for a lot of our restaurant dining.

About a year into our relationship, we were getting ready to go for a hike and I hadn't eaten that morning. I knew he kept a few Powerbars in his otherwise bare cupboard (why would he keep it stocked when he had my pantry and refrigerator to pillage?) so I called out to him from the kitchen, "Hey! I'm taking one of your Powerbars." No big deal, right? He had three bars in there, he never cooked for me, it pained him to pay for my meal when we went out to restaurants so I usually paid. But most importantly, I was hungry and he had food at his place. He came rushing into the kitching from the bedroom wailing, "Nooooooooooooooo!" I turned and looked incredulously at him. He saw my shock and disgust and immediately changed his tune. "Uh...I was just kidding! You can have one!" I shook my head and put the .99 cent Powerbar back.

3 Comments:

  • At 4:21 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    What a cheap punk

     
  • At 11:06 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Very cool design! Useful information. Go on! » » »

     
  • At 1:13 AM, Anonymous Powerbar said…

    He should spoil you instead. Wonder how people can be so selfish. Sharing is a beautiful thing...

     

Post a Comment

<< Home