My Ex Was A Cheapskate

When you care about someone and they’re cheap with you financially and emotionally, it'll do nothing but bring down your self-worth and self-esteem. We learned valuable lessons about equality in relationships and what NOT to put up with. Thanks to all the cheap pricks who made this site possible. We may not have gotten a lot from you, but what we did get is a good laugh. At your expense! Send your story to excheapskate@yahoo.com

Wednesday, May 25, 2005

Save Money, Take Spit-Baths

Thanks to our sweet-smellin' pal for sending this in!

I was engaged to my high school sweetheart for a year. He was stationed at Cherry Point and I lived about 3 hours away and would visit on the weekends. During the week we would talk on the phone; one day I call and get a disconnect message. When I next spoke to him I asked what happened and he told me he couldn’t pay the bill. I asked why and he replied “the Marine Corps doesn’t pay me enough”. Um, yeah, okay.

During one of my visits I’m taking a shower and I realize there’s no soap. So I call out to him to get me a bar and he says he's out of soap. Out of soap? He asked, “Do you really need soap?” Um, YEAH! I demanded that he find me some soap and he returns with a bottle of dishwashing liquid. Just what the hell was HE using to bathe during the week???

The last straw came at Christmas. He gave me this spiel about being broke and he was so sorry and I told him that Christmas wasn’t about the gifts but the thought so it was okay. He still wanted to get me something so he got me a Def Leppard t-shirt for $9.99. We then went into a music store and he plunked down $99 CASH for a new guitar pedal. His excuse? “I need this; I sound like shit!”

Between his poor budgeting skills, him continually getting money from his mom and his thoughtlessness I ended the relationship and gave him his ring back

11 Comments:

  • At 10:55 AM, Blogger warcrygirl said…

    Thank God I never married him; between his ineptedness and his shrew of a mother I'd have been miserable!

     
  • At 11:12 AM, Blogger dirtyweekender said…

    And we thought WE were dirty...

    xox
    the dirtyweekenders

     
  • At 11:24 AM, Blogger warcrygirl said…

    BTW, I've got you linked at my blog plus I've got a little blurb for others to share their stories.

    You've got a great blog here!

     
  • At 11:30 AM, Blogger dirtyweekender said…

    sweetness!! We'll do the same. And thanky for the kind words (:

    swak

     
  • At 2:27 PM, Anonymous stoopidboyz said…

    “I need this; I sound like shit!”

    Yup. You sure do, fucknut!

     
  • At 10:00 PM, Blogger Jstar718 said…

    This is great!
    Thank god you never married him is right!
    But damn...good stories.

     
  • At 2:44 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    What DID he use to bathe? Soft-Scrub? Cleans the tub...AND me!

     
  • At 4:16 PM, Blogger warcrygirl said…

    That's just it, he didn't use ANY soap. I guess he just danced under the water or something.

    Since this wasn't supposed to be a gross out post I didn't mention that he never brushed his tongue. Ever. It was like french kissing a wet dog sometimes. Thank god I only ended up kissing him when I was drinking. Alcohol kills germs you know.

    Hell, maybe he bathed in beer.

     
  • At 8:40 AM, Anonymous spencer said…

    Thank goodness you didn't marry him - he thinks a $99 pedal is going to stop him from sounding like shit.

     
  • At 8:06 AM, Blogger warcrygirl said…

    Actually he was a pretty good guitarist; he had perfect pitch, too. It was his reasoning that killed me i.e. he couldn't pay his phone bill because the Marine Corps didn't pay him enough, not because he's a jackwad who didn't know how to budget.

    He ended up marrying someone else. Guess who he works for now? Mommy Dearest. I really dodged that bullet!

     
  • At 10:39 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

Post a Comment

<< Home