My Ex Was A Cheapskate

When you care about someone and they’re cheap with you financially and emotionally, it'll do nothing but bring down your self-worth and self-esteem. We learned valuable lessons about equality in relationships and what NOT to put up with. Thanks to all the cheap pricks who made this site possible. We may not have gotten a lot from you, but what we did get is a good laugh. At your expense! Send your story to excheapskate@yahoo.com

Monday, June 13, 2005

Her Cheap Ex Husband

From S: Ex-husbands count too, right?

Dirty Weekenders: Hell yeah they count. Exs of any variety (and also, any gender) count!

Her sad tale:

"Let me tell you about our wedding day. First of all, he only married me because he was in the Navy and he wanted to make the extra money- of which I never saw a dime. On our wedding day, we both worked. Around 5 pm, we had a minister and his wife as a witness come to our apartment to marry us. We didn't tell any family or friends. After we were married, the cheap son of a bitch took me to BURGER KING for a 99cent whopper. I'm not kidding you. Then, the next day, he had to leave on a 2 month cruise. I had just moved to Virginia to be with him and I had no job yet, or friends or family there. He stocked the cabinets with things like ramen noodles and rice and beans, and he left me with FIVE dollars for anything else I might need for two months! I wasn't allowed to use his precious car. I had to walk up the highway and apply for jobs until I found one. He never paid for us to get the phone turned on, so I had to go to a payphone everyday and call to see if I was hired. I had to bring Ramen noodles to work everyday for lunch and eat rice and beans until I received my first paycheck 2 weeks later. Oh, I could go on and on, but that's the best example of how cheap he was. I'm proud to call him my EX-husband!"

1 Comments:

  • At 1:55 PM, Blogger dirtyweekender said…

    My ex was fine with letting me cook dinner the night of our second anniversary. He didn't insist that we go out, didn't make reservations, didn't suggest any of the restaurants he knew I liked.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home