My Ex Was A Cheapskate

When you care about someone and they’re cheap with you financially and emotionally, it'll do nothing but bring down your self-worth and self-esteem. We learned valuable lessons about equality in relationships and what NOT to put up with. Thanks to all the cheap pricks who made this site possible. We may not have gotten a lot from you, but what we did get is a good laugh. At your expense! Send your story to excheapskate@yahoo.com

Thursday, August 18, 2005

Jersey boys have some 'xplaining to do

About 6 years ago I met this fella named Joel from New Jersey at the Philadelphia Folk Festival. We dated for a while long distance and for Christmas exchanged gifts. I was totally caught up on this guy and wanted to impress him with how GREAT my taste in gifts were.

I got him a leather bound, first edition, SIGNED copy of "Bagombo Snuff Box" by none other than Kurt Vonnegut and a set of pint glasses for his new house.

I received the following: (I WISH I was kidding...)
A used CD by Wanderlust
A paperback FROM HIS BOOKSHELF on meditation
His favorite t-shirt

I was honestly sick to my stomach and wanted to steal the book back before I left. I can't believe he could ACTUALLY accept the gift I gave him, knowing he had given me HEARTLESS crap in return. Creep.

13 Comments:

  • At 5:38 PM, Anonymous NJ Pride! said…

    Ahem. This Jersey fellow thinks you got a kinda sweet gift there. OK - the used CD was a little weak and, unless he had some useful inscriptions in the meditation book or the book is out of print, he coulda bought a new copy. But a favorite t-shirt? I tell you - I'm way more likely to give a girlfriend the keys to my house or my ATM pincode than my favorite (and one assumes irreplaceable in some way) t-shirt. I don't think that was an "emotionally cheap" gift.

    Now - it turns out that your gift was way better than his and I hope he felt outclassed. However, I think proper form would be for him to go all out for a Valentine's Day gift (about 6 weeks away) rather than not accept a gift that you wanted him to have.

    I'm assuming he did some other things to earn the creep designation - because none of the other ridiculous dudes on this site reflected poorly on their entire state.

     
  • At 1:05 PM, Anonymous Anisettekiss said…

    Dude. The title is more of an I Love Lucy quote than anything else.
    Try not to get your Jersey lovin', favorite boxers in a bunch. XOXO
    And thanks for caring!! :)

     
  • At 9:56 PM, Blogger teahouse said…

    Hmm..was the t-shirt dirty? Cuz that would have been the final straw.

     
  • At 5:47 PM, Blogger mohamed45lewis said…

    Just passing by your blog and though you'd like this site.

     
  • At 12:51 AM, Blogger leanordbrinick34486372 said…

    I really enjoyed your blog. This is a cool Website Check it out now by Clicking Here . I know that you will find this WebSite Very Interesting Every one wants a Free LapTop Computer!

     
  • At 6:57 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Hey nice info you posted.
    I just browsing through some blogs and came across yours!

    Excellent blog, good to see someone actually uses em for quality posts.

    Your site kept me on for a few minutes unlike the rest :)

    Keep up the good work!

    Thanks!.

     
  • At 1:19 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    This blogstuff is great just looking around yours I have one too diamond wedding band website dedicated to diamond wedding band

     
  • At 7:47 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Hey, you have a great blog here! I'm definitely going to bookmark you!

    I have a christmas gift site/blog. It pretty much covers gift ideas for christmas related stuff.

    Come and check it out if you get time :-)

     
  • At 1:29 PM, Blogger Google Page Rank 6 said…

    Increase your Adsense Earnings

    I noticed you have adsense ads on your page, Would you like to increase your earnings from them, Free and Legitimate way to make your clicks increase.
    Come see my Blogger blog and it will tell you more.

     
  • At 12:52 AM, Blogger Texas Seo Expert said…

    I will add this blog to my favorites right away. i run a website based on personalized wedding gifts and think you will find it a useful resource.

     
  • At 1:14 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Wonderful and informative web site. I used information from that site its great. » » »

     
  • At 5:04 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Thanks a lot for your advice guys, it helped me a lot, I went to www.saveabreakup.com and followed their step by step instructions and it worked perfectly, now me and my girlfriend are back together.

     
  • At 7:08 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I was looking for Advise on breaking up and found this great site www.saveabreakup.com I gotta admit its great and it worked for me and helped me a lot.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home